Marc Nivet, chief diversity officer at the Association of American Medical Colleges, cites as common to schools that see many Black graduates become doctors: effective pre-health advising of undergraduates, a large enrollment, rigorous curriculum, a medical school, an active Student National Medical Association chapter and, as Metheny notes, a reputation for graduates entering health professions.
What does SNMA stand for?
SNMA stands for Student National Medical Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SNMA
- Switching Network Manager (Ciena)
- Syndicat National des Musiciens (French: National Union of Musicians)
- Syndicato Nuevo Mexico (Spanish; gang; New Mexico)
- System and Network Monitor (software)
- System Notification Message
- Système Nucléaire Militaire (French: Military Nuclear Systems)
- Seattle Nightlife and Music Association (Seattle, WA)
- Soliceted Node Multicast Address
- Southern Nevada Mustang Association
- Special Needs Management Allowance (UK)
- Supplementary Negative Motor Area (neurology)
- Stannous Macro-aggregated Albumin
- Silent No More Awareness Campaign (Pennsylvania and New York)
- Standing Nursing and Midwifery Advisory Committee (UK)
- Syndicat National des Médecins Anesthésistes Réanimateurs des Hôpitaux Non Universitaires
- Shepherd Neame Master Brew Bitter
- Sandy Nitro Model Club (radio car racing club; est.2003; Hertfordshire, England, UK)
- Security National Mortgage Company (various locations)
- Simple Network Magic Corporation (software; McKinney, TX)
- Southwest Naturopathic Medical Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
org Student National Medical Association 40th Annual Medical Education Conference March 24-27, 2005; St.
Students from many black and Latino neighborhoods might lack motivation to aim for medical school, said Ukpo, president of Loyola's Student National Medical Association, a group of minority students that encourages underrepresented minorities to enter medical school.