Forty adult outpatients who met the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition for major depression based on the structured clinical interview for DSM IV participated in the trial.
What does SCID I stand for?
SCID I stands for Structured Clinical Interview for DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) III
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Severe Combined Immune Deficient
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease
- SONET Carrier Identification (Bellcore)
- Spacecraft Identifier
- Stanford Center for International Development
- State Criminal Investigation Department
- Stewardship Contracting Information Database (US DOI)
- Strategic Counterintelligence Directorate
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV (Psychological Assessment for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual)
- Studies in Comparative International Development (journal)
- Structured Clinical Interview for Dissociative Disorders
- Schuylkill County Industrial Development Authority (Pennsylvania)
- Seminole County Industrial Development Authority (Florida)
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency, Athabaskan-Type
- Site Coordinating Installation Design Authority (Ministry of Defence; UK)
- Steuben County Industrial Development Agency (New York)
- Scientific Discovery Through Advanced Computing (US Dept of Education Initiative)
- Scintillation Detection and Ranging
- Servicio Cooperativo Interamericano de Educacion (Paraguay)
- South Central Interior Distance Education School (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM Disorders identified 24 of these women, who completed a questionnaire about their preferences for receiving cognitive-behavioral therapy, with major depressive disorder or minor depression.
Adam Rosenblatt, Co-Principal Investigator of The Maryland Assisted Living Study, funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, is piloting the QDS-HAPI(TM) on Pocket PCs in a study in which he uses a Structured Clinical Interview for DSM, or SCID, to monitor a large number (300) of participants or residents in 26 unrelated assisted living facilities in order to determine the change in rates of psychiatric problems residents may experience.
So they administered the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM Disorders, and if the women were diagnosed with clinical depression or had an EPDS score greater than 20, they were referred back to the public health department.
Follow-up screening with the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM IV (SCID-I) completed by 129 of the patients--of whom 116 were health care workers--showed that at a mean of 16 days after discharge, 46% (59) met criteria for at least one psychiatric diagnosis.