In addition, a Structural Adjustment Facility was created which in 1987 was incorporated into the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility.
What does SAF stand for?
SAF stands for Structural Adjustment Facility
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAF
We have 317 other meanings of SAF in our Acronym Attic
- Stakeholder Advisory Forums
- Standard Analytical File (Medicare)
- State Aviation Fund (various locations)
- Status - Alpha File
- Stavanger Arkitektforening (Norwegian: Stavanger Architectural Association)
- Store And Forward (JMS message; BEA)
- StoryTellers of the American Frontier
- Strategic Air Force (US DoD)
- Strategic Architect Forum
- Stress Amplification Factor
- Stuck-At Fault
- Student Assistance Fund (various locations)
- Students for Academic Freedom
- Study Abroad Fellowship (various universities)
- Study Abroad Foundation
- Subject to Availability of Funds
- Submerged Aeration Filter (waste water treatment)
- Submerged Arc Furnace
- Subnetwork Access Facility
- Summer Arts Festival (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is also the 60 million euros structural adjustment facility, aiming at supporting the government's macroeconomic objective of increasing growth through greater openness and a sustainable reduction in the budget deficit.
Structural Adjustment Facility (SAF) which was a three year programme from 1988-91 for $516 million completed after delay of one year.
Debt reduction, for example, will be even more strictly linked to the highly controversial Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility of the IMF, and the power of the international financial institutions to condition and control the process of debt relief has been enhanced.
The targets set by the ESAF (Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility loan) programme have been met by the government very well," Mr Johnson said.
27 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) today approved a three-year loan for Madagascar under the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility (ESAF)(A), for an amount equivalent to SDR (Special Drawing Right) 81.
The IMF program for helping poor countries that are deeply in debt was, until recently, called the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility (ESAF).
The new version of HIPC seeks to ensure that debt relief will effectively reduce poverty through the Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility (PRGF), the new name given in September 1999 to the IMF's Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility (ESAF).