According to the brewery, Hoopla was the result of a beer/music collaboration, when the Boulder brewers worked with Kyle Hollingsworth, keyboardist of the band String Cheese Incident (and an avid homebrewer) to develop "the perfectly drinkable, yet flavorful, festival beer.
What does SCI stand for?
SCI stands for String Cheese Incident (band)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SCI
We have 533 other meanings of SCI in our Acronym Attic
- Stem Cell Initiative (various locations)
- Steven Counts, Inc. (Summerfield, FL)
- Stone Care International (Bellingham, WA)
- Strategic Capital Investments (various locations)
- Strategic Consulting International (Tulsa, OK)
- Strategic Corporate Initiative (est. 2005)
- Strategic Council for Innovation
- Stratospheric Circulation Model
- Stratus Computer Incorporated
- Stream Condition Index (ecology)
- Structured Cabling Installations (Grimes, IA)
- Structured Credit Investor (UK)
- Studies in Computational Intelligence (journal; Springer)
- Subaru Canada, Inc. (vehicles)
- Subscriber Circuit Interface
- Subscriber Controlled Input (Siemens)
- Sumitomo Chemical Italia (Italian chemical company)
- Super Computer Incorporated
- Superior Contribution Increase (FAA Core Compensation System)
- Supplemental Card Indicator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prolific artist has recorded a number of solo and live albums, one with the String Cheese Incident, as well as projects with Bob Weir, Michael Franti, Bela Fleck, the Keels and others.
Kyle Hollingsworth, a String Cheese Incident original member, is also a beer enthusiast and brewer in his own right.
JULY 23 Lollapalooza, Seaside Park, with the String Cheese Incident, Flaming Lips, Basement Jaxx, Gomez, the Polyphonic Spree and more, $50.
The String Cheese Incident, Outside Inside (SCI/ Fidelity) The great thing about the Cheese is their utter devotion, like Phish, to their fan base, making recordings of live dates available barely before the concert tape has had time to cool in the can.
But the String Cheese Incident isn't your typical rock band.
Artists such as John Denver, Joe Walsh, Big Head Todd & The Monsters, Firefall, Dan Fogelberg, Poco, The Subdudes, The String Cheese Incident and The Fray are some acts to be honored.
Drew Emmitt and Bill Nershi are both jam band founders - Emmitt with Leftover Salmon and Nershi with String Cheese Incident.