Also, their excellent resistance to crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking make them also suitable for other hostile environment applications, such as chemical and food processing, medical and marine industries.
What does SCC stand for?
SCC stands for Stress Corrosion Cracking (corrosion mechanism)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCC
We have 1277 other meanings of SCC in our Acronym Attic
- Stock Car Challenge
- Stone Child College (Box Elder, MT)
- Stonebriar Community Church (Texas)
- Stop Climate Chaos (UK)
- Storage Connecting Circuit
- Straight Character Challenge (video games)
- Strategic Cell Controller
- Strategic Computing Complex (US Department of Energy)
- Strategic Coordination Centre (UK)
- Stream Cipher Cryptanalysis
- Strictly Controlled Conditions (EU; chemical regulation)
- Strongly Connected Component
- Structured Communications Class
- Stuart Corvette Club (Stuart, FL)
- Student Care Center (University of Chicago)
- Student Center Commons (various schools)
- Student Conduct Committee (various schools)
- Student Counselling Centre (various locations)
- Style Concept Car (French online forum)
- Submarine Command Course (United States Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Facilities exist to evaluate the susceptibility to hydrogen-induced cracking and sulfide stress corrosion cracking, with electrochemical equipment such as potentiostats and frequency response analyzers used to characterize corrosion reactions and evaluate the efficacy of coatings.
The topics include laser surface melting to repair stress corrosion cracking in weld metal, pulsed laser surface treatment of multilayer gold-nickel-copper coatings to improve the corrosion resistance of components in electronics, liquid impingement erosion resistance, modifying the surface of steel to resist slurry erosion in power plants, and laser surface remelting to improve the erosion-corrosion resistance of nickel-chromium-aluminum-yttrium plasma spray coatings.
Eight test methods outline procedures for determining susceptibility to stress corrosion cracking, angle of twist, formability, bending fatigue, expansion, and deviations from flatness.
Primary water stress corrosion cracking on dissimilar metal welds has brought heightened regulatory oversight in the nuclear industry.
The swivel bracket material is susceptible to stress corrosion cracking, and if cracks are present, the rocket catapult can break through the connection point and leave the pilot and the seat in the cockpit during an ejection.
Stress corrosion cracking is the formation of cracks caused by the combination of a corrosive environment inside the mold and the presence of tensile (stretching/flexing) forces.
Some utilities have determined that it is more economical to replace pressurizers rather than perform restoration due to issues surrounding the potential for stress corrosion cracking problems in the existing Alloy 600 heater nozzles.