Abstract The effects of variable width of streamside management zones (25, 50, 75, and 100 ft) (SMZs) and removal level of trees (10%, 30%, and 50% of basal area) on production and cost of implementing SMZs in central Appalachian hardwood forests were simulated by using a computer model.
What does SMZ stand for?
SMZ stands for Streamside Management Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMZ
We have 16 other meanings of SMZ in our Acronym Attic
- Sexual Minority Youth Recreation Center (now Sexual Minority Youth Resource Center)
- Sexual Minority Youth Resource Center (Portland, Oregon, USA)
- Specified Minimum Yield Strength (steel pipe)
- Support My System Ltd (UK)
- Stone Mountain Youth Soccer Association
- Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (California)
- Show Me Your Tits
- Shallow Moist Zone
- Silver Mt. Zion (band)
- Special Management Zone (land)
- Sulfamethoxazole (antibiotic)
- Symmetric Mach-Zehnder (structure)
- Splenic Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma
- Samenwerkingsverband Mensen Zonder Betaald Werk (Dutch: Group of People Without Work; Netherlands)
- Sonoma Mountain Zen Center (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Stichting Molens Zuid Kennemerland (Dutch: Mills Foundation South Kennemerland; Netherlands)
- Splenic Marginal Zone Cell Lymphoma
- Sint Maartens Zeevaarders Syndicaat (Dutch gaming group)
- Portable Surface Search Radar (US Navy)
- Sabena (Belgian World Airlines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A small creek is protected by a streamside management zone to assure water quality.
In the southeastern United States, studies examining the effects of riparian zones on faunal communities have been limited to streamside management zones [SMZ's] in pine plantations.
The Forestry Commission evaluated six categories for BMP implementation: forest road construction and maintenance, harvesting, mechanical site preparation, chemical site preparation, streamside management zones and harvest planning.