Streamlined Liner of the Pharynx Airway (SLIPA[TM], SLIPA Medical Limited, UK) (Figure 1) is a recently developed supraglottic airway, intended for use as a primary airway management device for short surgical procedures.
What does SLIPA stand for?
SLIPA stands for Streamlined Liner of the Pharynx
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SLIPA in our Acronym Attic
- Serenity Lost Its Priority
- Serial Line Interface Protocol
- Serial Line Internet Protocol
- Service Level Improvement Plan
- Serviceability Level Indicator Processing
- Shoewear Linking and Identification Program
- Sobriety Lost Its Priority (AA)
- Symmetric List Processor
- System-Level Interconnect Prediction
- Serial Line Internet Protocol/Point-to-Point Protocol
- Short Light Pulse Alerting Radar
- Standard Life Investments Property Income Trust
- Slip (Count) - Line
- Slip (Count) - Path
- Slippery Liquid-Infused Porous Surface
- Student-Initiated Legal Services Projects (Berkeley University; California)
- Supervised Learning in Quest
- School of Labor and Industrial Relations (Michigan State University)
- Side Looking Infrared
- Standard Location Immediate Request (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Haemodynamic and Bispectral index response to insertion of the Streamlined Liner of the Pharynx Airway (SLIPA): comparison with the laryngeal mask airway.
SUMMARY The newly developed supralaryngeal airway Streamlined Liner of the Pharynx Airway (SLIPA[TM]) has been compared successfully to the LMA[TM] but the haemodynamic response to its insertion has not been evaluated in a randomised study.