A streamlined inspection system is about more than simply cutting red tape.
What does SIS stand for?
SIS stands for Streamlined Inspection System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIS
We have 658 other meanings of SIS in our Acronym Attic
- Status Interrupt Signal
- Stay-In-School (program)
- Stepwise Isothermal Segregation
- Stiftung für Internationale Solidarität und Partnerschaft
- Stil I Stål (Finnish: Style in Steel)
- Stow Infrastructure System
- Strategic Information System
- Strategic Infrastructure Security (computer training)
- Strategic Intelligence Summary
- Strategic Intermodal System
- Stroke Impact Scale
- Stroudsburg Intermediate School
- Student Information Systems
- Student Intervention Services (various schools)
- Students in Service (est. 1997)
- Studijni Informacni System (Czech: Student Information System)
- Stuff I've Seen (Microsoft search team, Ottawa, Canada)
- Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer
- Subversive Intellectual Society
- Success in Soccer (magazine; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the Government Accountability Project, which opposes the move, the streamlined inspection system would in effect call for inspectors to check on average only 3 full beef carcasses out of 1,000-as opposed to the 1,000 out of 1,000 that are checked today.
The USDA has proposed a Streamlined Inspection System (SIS), which would give inspectors all of 12 seconds to examine each thousand-pound carcass, and no authority to examine internal organs.