Interest and research into structured treatment interruptions (also known as strategic treatment interruptions or STIs) in the non-PHI setting explodes as the theory of "autovaccination" becomes very popular.
What does STI stand for?
STI stands for Strategic Treatment Interruption
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STI
We have 311 other meanings of STI in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Treatment Interruption
- Star Trek Insurrection (movie)
- Stationary Target Indicator
- Steel Tank Institute
- Steel Tube Institute of North America
- Still Image Architecture
- Straight Times Interactive (Singapore)
- Straits Times Index
- Strategic Technologies for the Internet
- Strategic Traffic Information
- Structured Telephone Interview
- Structured Treatment Interruption
- Subaru Technica Institute
- Subaru Technica International
- Subaru Tecnica International (Tokyo, Japan)
- Subaru Turbo Israel (Israel)
- Subject to Inspection (real estate)
- Subrate Transmit Interchange (AT&T)
- Subterranean Target Identification
- Summer Theater Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
announced today that on April 29, 2003 at the 16th International Conference on Antiviral Research, it presented the most recent data of its Phase IIb clinical trial, AMP 720, wherein patients' antiviral regimens are interrupted and Ampligen(R) is substituted, called Strategic Treatment Interruption.
Using Strategic Treatment Interruption (STI), patients' antiviral HAART regimens are interrupted and Ampligen(R) is substituted as mono-immunotherapy.
To combat these serious medical issues, physicians worldwide have recently introduced the new concept of "drug holiday", also called strategic treatment interruption (STI)-a discontinuation of all parts of the complete HAART regimen.
Presentations employing the ViroLogic assay focused on the replicative fitness of HIV, the emergence and transmission of drug resistant HIV, emerging approaches to salvage therapy, the potential benefits of strategic treatment interruptions, and patterns of increased and decreased susceptibility to various classes of HIV drugs.
These analyzes examined the persistence of drug resistance despite treat interruptions, and demonstrated the accuracy of ViroLogic's new viral fitness test: Drug Resistance and Strategic Treatment Interruptions Drug resistance persists despite structured treatment interruptions (STIs), according to a presentation by Dr.
Drug Resistance and Strategic Treatment Interruptions "Response to Salvage Therapy in Patients Undergoing a Structured Treatment Interruption," S.