In 2004 the UK Strategic Rail Authority recommended scrapping the Gatwick Express by increasing non-dedicated trains that stopped at Gatwick instead.
What does SRA stand for?
SRA stands for Strategic Rail Authority (UK)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of SRA
We have 409 other meanings of SRA in our Acronym Attic
- Squash Rackets Association
- Stade Rodez Aveyron (French: Rodez Aveyron Stadium)
- Start-Restart Actuator
- State Rail Authority
- State Recreation Area
- State Regulatory Authority (various locations)
- State Restaurant Association (various locations)
- State Retirement Agency (Maryland)
- Station Representatives Association
- Stock Record Account
- Stress Risk Assessment (various organizations)
- Stringent Regulatory Authority
- Structural Reliability Assessment
- Student Radio Association
- Student Radio Awards
- Sub Registration Authority
- Subsidy, Reimbursement or Allowance
- Suburban Realtors Alliance (Malvern, PA)
- Sugar Regulatory Administration (Philippines)
- Sugar Research Australia (Queensland, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Strategic Rail Authority was under fire after it warned services would be cut because trains were running almost empty.
A decision is expected from the Strategic Rail Authority just before Christmas.
5% in January-March 2003, the Strategic Rail Authority said today.
The travel authority agreed a deal with the government last July allowing t to ``police'' the franchise for Merseyrail Electrics rather than the Strategic Rail Authority.
The Strategic Rail Authority should demand all bidders come up with a challenging strategy for the future, including the potential for a dedicated high-speed line.
First has pre-qualified for each of the last four franchises tendered by the Strategic Rail Authority - Northern, ScotRail, Integrated Kent and InterCity East Coast.
And it is unhappy about the way the Strategic Rail Authority consulted on the plan.