The country's strategic grain reserve will be recapitalized by US$51 million information from the Agriculture, Mechanisation and Irrigation Development Ministry indicates.
What does SGR stand for?
SGR stands for Strategic Grain Reserve
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGR
We have 125 other meanings of SGR in our Acronym Attic
- Sodium-Graphite Reactor
- Soft Gamma-ray Repeater (high energy astrophysics)
- Sortie Generation Rate
- Specific Growth Rate
- Spectral Gamma Ray
- Stained Glass Rose (D.A. Brockett novel)
- Stargate Resistance (game)
- Steam Generator Replacement
- Stem Girdling Roots
- Stichting Garantiefonds Reisgelden (Dutch: Travel Compensation Fund Foundation)
- Students for Global Responsibility
- Surgeon General's Report
- Sustainable Growth Rate
- System Graduation Requirements (various universities)
- Same Gender Romance Arc (Star Wars)
- School of Galactic Radio Astronomy (Internet project; Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute; North Carolina)
- Sekiguchi Global Research Association (Japan)
- Smoking Gun Research Agency (United States)
- State Grain Reserve Administration (China)
- Summer Graduate Research Assistantship (various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In another relief food distribution exercise known as 'twinning', UKAID is paying for the transportation of 25,000 metric tons of maize donated by the Malawi government from its Strategic Grain Reserve in the capital Lilongwe.
The establishment of the National Strategic Food Reserves are in line with the SADC Dar-Es-Salaam Declaration that calls for the establishment of National Strategic Grain Reserves and Regional Food Reserve Facilities in the SADC countries.
South Korea is looking to build a strategic grain reserve and is planning to buy cargoes of corn and another staples, joining similar efforts by other Asian nations worried about high food prices and social unrest.
The FFP office has awarded a grant to the World Food Program for a local purchase of 12,783 metric tonnes of wheat from the Ministry of Agricultural, Irrigation and Livestock's Strategic Grain Reserve, the agency said in a separate statement.
Factories, Production and Employment -- Ensuring Adequate Fertilizer Production for an Optimum Grain Harvest in 2009 -- Development of a Federal Indemnification Program for Contracted Agricultural Commodities -- Enactment of a Farmer-Owned Strategic Grain Reserve -- Adoption of a New Price Support Program to Replace Inadequate and Failing Subsidy Programs An addendum sheet is available to the press providing full language of these specific points and the 2009 Platform is available on the ACGA website at http://www.
In a March 22, 2006 review of the country's economy, The Economist said that Tanzania was in better shape than other East African countries because it had developed strategic grain reserves and releases from these reserves should help food security.
When former President Bakili Muluzi left office early this year, he expected a peaceful retirement "ever after", but a high profile scandal that happened under his watch and uncovered by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) which investigated the depletion of the national Strategic Grain Reserve (SGR), has implicated senior government officials and the ex-president.