The wide ranging Wirral Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) assesses potential flooding problems from rising tides and overflowing rivers across the borough.
What does SFRA stand for?
SFRA stands for Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SFRA
We have 24 other meanings of SFRA in our Acronym Attic
- Swiss Federal Railway
- Swiss Franc (national currency)
- Synchronous Fixed Repetition
- System Functional Review
- System-Fault-Risk (computer systems)
- System Function Review and Task Analysis
- San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
- Science Fiction Research Association
- Shift Finger Rail Actuator
- Special Flight Rules Area
- Streamflow Reduction Activity
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis
- System Fielding Readiness Assessment
- Statutory Fishing Rights Allocation Review Panel (Australia)
- Scavengeable Feed Resource Base (agriculture)
- Small Flat Rate Box (shipping)
- Soft-Funded Research Bursary (University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Student Faculty Review Board (various schools)
- Student Fee Review Board (various schools)
- Sugar Free Red Bull (energy drink)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in a letter to the city council, the Environment Agency described plans as "fundamentally flawed" because a strategic flood risk assessment has not been carried out for the wider area.
Local authorities are now obliged to carry out a strategic flood risk assessment when allocating sites for development and this means that some sites held as land banks will never see a house being built.