MIRPUR -- Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will host a day-long Workshop on Strategic Environmental Assessment Pilot Projects Scoping here on April 23.
What does SEA stand for?
SEA stands for Strategic Environmental Assessment
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SEA
We have 608 other meanings of SEA in our Acronym Attic
- State Education Authority
- State Employment Agency (various locations)
- State Enforcement Agreement
- State External Affairs
- State/EPA Agreement
- Station d'Essais et d'Enalyses (French: Testing and Analysis Station)
- Statistical Energy Analysis
- Stock Exchange Announcement
- Strategic Enterprise Agreement
- Strategic Enterprise Architecture
- Structural Engineers Association
- Student Educational Advancement (University of California, San Diego)
- Student Exchange Alliance (various locations)
- Students for Environmental Awareness (various schools)
- Study English Abroad
- Subsistence Expense Allowance
- Successive Elimination Algorithm
- Sudden Enhancement of Atmospheres
- Suncoast Epilepsy Association, Inc.
- Suomen Elokuva-Arkisto (Finnish: Finnish Film Archive)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contract award: the felling of trees and shrubs in areas at particular risk of flooding for the warsaw regional board with strategic environmental assessment on the planned program of activities.
Friends of the Earth and the Gwent Wildlife Trust had threatened to take the process to judicial review, after they argued that European law required a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) be carried out, and included in the consultation in March.
Asif Shuja stressed to adopt Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) tools as a permanent phenomenon as he believed that skipping some projects or conducting EIA of selective projects hamper the efforts to protect environment and curtail economic losses.
We have managed, before the RIO +20 Summit, to provide the MOE with the appropriate legal tools, just as promised, by ratifying four environmental decrees pertaining to the environmental impact evaluation, the strategic environmental assessment, the facilities' environmental commitment and the formation of the national council for environment," the Minister explained.
The most appropriate methodologies for today situation are Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for overall planning and management process and Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) for specific territories.
A Strategic Environmental Assessment has been completed for the Dreki Area and considerable research has been done on the marine biosphere, climate and sea conditions in the area.
Try reading the 'Draft National Planning Policy Framework: Consultation' or even worse, 'Towards a more efficient and effective use of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Sustainable Appraisal (SA) in spatial planning: Final Report' on which it was based.