At that time, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and the Strategic Defense Initiative Office were interested in using adaptive optics for viewing faint military targets, including orbiting satellites.
What does SDIO stand for?
SDIO stands for Strategic Defense Initiative Office
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SDIO
We have 4 other meanings of SDIO in our Acronym Attic
- Scalable Distributed Information Management System
- Strap Down Inertial Measuring Unit
- SPACECOM Digital Information Network
- Sustainable Development Issues Network
- Sustainable Development Information System
- Strapdown Inertial Navigation System
- Secure Digital Input/Output
- Securities (Disclosure of Interests) Ordinance
- Serial Data Input/Output
- Space Defense Initiative Office
- Strategic Defense Initiative Organization
- Safe Driver Insurance Plan (Massachusetts)
- Safe Driver Insurance Points
- Sea Duty Incentive Pay (US Navy)
- SECAN Doctrine and Information Publications (Nato standards for TEMPEST)
- Service Delivery Improvement Plan (South Africa)
- Shrink Dual Inline Package
- Simulator Data Integrity Program
- Software Development Integrity Program
- SOGS/DADS Interface Processor
Samples in periodicals archive:
government customers, including the Strategic Defense Initiative Office and other components of the Department of Defense.
It is named for the late David Israel, who was the chief engineer for the Strategic Defense Initiative Office, forerunner of MDA.
The contract will provide the Strategic Defense Initiative Office technical and engineering resources to assist in planning and conducting technology investigation and development programs and major SDIO technology experiments, perform data reduction and analysis of experimental results, and perform systems engineering studies on ground and space-based sensor systems.
4 /PRNewsire/ -- Advanced Technology Materials, a leading developer of high-performance semiconductors and thin film processing technologies, today announced two contracts with the Strategic Defense Initiative Office (SDIO) for development of barium titanate (BaTiO3) thin films using chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technology.