Aircraft Markings of the Strategic Air Command 1946-1953.
What does SAC stand for?
SAC stands for Strategic Air Command (now United States Strategic Command)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SAC
We have 1020 other meanings of SAC in our Acronym Attic
- Statements of Accounting Concepts
- Statewide Advocacy Council (various organizations)
- Statistical Analysis Center
- Steel Advisory Committee
- Steep and Cheap
- Stonebridge Associated Colleges (Bude, Cornwall, England)
- Stop AIDS Campaign (UK)
- Storage Access Channel/Control
- Store And Clear Accumulator
- Stores Account Code
- Strategic Analysis Corporation
- Strict Access Criterion
- Strict Avalanche Criterion
- Strong Acid Cation
- Structural Adjustment Credit (World Bank preferential loan for restructuring program)
- Student Activities Center
- Student Activities Committee
- Student Activities Council
- Student Administrative Council
- Student Advice Centre (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
has published Peace Was His Profession: A Story of Sacrifice and the Strategic Air Command by M.
He does this while exploring the birth of the United States Air Force and the formation of the Strategic Air Command.
Air Force Base, the Strategic Air Command in Omaha (Neb.
He made Strategic Air Command to boost the US air force and The FBI Story, stressing the bureau's battle against communist subversion, to please his idol, J Edgar Hoover.
Air Force veteran of the Korean conflict having served in the Strategic Air Command (SAC) flying several missions over Korea in a B29.
General Curtis LeMay emphasized this when he said, "Peace is our Profession," making it the slogan of the Strategic Air Command.
A town of less than 1,000 people, Churchill was once on the front line of the Cold War and the site of a big Strategic Air Command base.