We agree with and worked directly with the ACLI and the NAIC to close the loophole on stranger-initiated life insurance.
What does SILI stand for?
SILI stands for Stranger-Initiated Life Insurance
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SILI
We have 3 other meanings of SILI in our Acronym Attic
- South Indian Liberal Federation
- Statewide Independent Living Fund (Virginia)
- Sundaram India Leadership Fund (finance)
- Secretary of the Interior and Local Government
- Serious Injury Legal Group (St. Louis, MO)
- State Informatization Leading Group (China)
- Strategic Industry Leaders Group (Australia)
- Southern Interior Local Government Association (Canada)
- Studies in Irish Literature and History
- Secondary Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Summer Institute of Linguistics International
- Suppress Illegal Length Indicator (computing)
- Severely Indebted Low Income Countries
- Scout in Linux Kernel
- Silicon Low-K
- Sketching Interfaces Like Krazy (software sketching program)
- Speech, Image, Language, Knowledge
- System for Internet-Level Knowledge (traffic software)
- System Integration via Logic & Knowledge
- Sarasota Institute of Lifetime Learning (est. 1972; Sarasota, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The original intention of the committee and its chairman, North Dakota insurance commissioner Jim Poolman, was to prohibit the sale of Stranger-Initiated Life Insurance (SILI), also referred to as Stranger-Owned Life Insurance (STOLI).
The Life Insurance Finance Association and most attendees expressed their concerns about the sale of stranger-initiated life insurance transactions that insurance regulators seek to stop by imposing a five-year ban on the re-sale of life insurance policies in the secondary market.