Both straight line winds and pressurized winds can cause different damage --- from uplifting the shingles off the roof to pushing intense wind-driven rain and flying debris onto the roof.
What does SLW stand for?
SLW stands for Straight Line Winds (meteorology)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLW
We have 32 other meanings of SLW in our Acronym Attic
- San Luis Valley Water Conservancy District (Colorado)
- San Lorenzo Valley Water District (Boulder Creek, CA)
- Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico - Saltillo (Airport Code)
- Secretary for Labour and Welfare (Hong Kong)
- Single Line Working
- Skill Level Waiver
- Sonic Lost World (gaming)
- Space-based Laser Weapon
- Specific Leaf Weight
- Static Loaded Width (tires)
- Straight-Line Wavelength
- Super-Cooled Liquid Water
- Surface Launched Weaponry
- Surgical Licensed Ward
- Save Lake Weir Association (Florida, USA)
- Slot Leaky-Wave Antenna
- State Library of Western Australia
- Summer Lake Wildlife Area (Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife)
- Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program (New York)
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They say we have straight line winds, which means there won't be a tornado.
I told them about snowshoes, owls, trees, forestry, ecological succession, black cherry burls, lichens, tornadoes, straight line winds, glaciers, ancient river valleys, groundwater movement, lake levels, animal hibernation, torpor, quinzee construction, winter camping, tracking, and probably a dozen other topics.
The Small Business Administration encourages homeowners, renters and businesses in Indiana impacted by the severe storms, straight line winds and tornadoes that occurred Feb.
During this relatively weak phase of the tornado, the parent supercell storm began producing significant straight line winds from a large rear flank downdraft (RFD)just south of the tornado track.
The tiles have successfully been independently tested to resist straight line winds at 110 mph.
MISSISSIPPI, North Lafayette County Abbeville 02 1333CST 1338CST Tunica County Clayton 02 1440CST 1445CST De Soto County 2 ESE Cub Lake 02 1520CST 1525CST Straight line winds knocked down a few trees on Arkabutla Dam Road.
15 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the high straight line winds that struck most of Ohio and Kentucky yesterday, the Grange Insurance National Catastrophe (CAT) team has been deployed throughout the region.