Aon Benfield says the Storm Prediction Center recorded at least 744 storm reports -- including 23 reports of tornadoes, 347 reports of hail and 374 reports of damaging winds during the week.
What does SPC stand for?
SPC stands for Storm Prediction Center (US government)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPC
We have 698 other meanings of SPC in our Acronym Attic
- State Purchasing Contract (Australia)
- Statistical Process Control
- Stem/Progenitor Cell (biology)
- Stochastic Power Control
- Stoke Park Club (UK)
- Stony Point Center (New York)
- Storage Performance Council
- Stored Program Command (NASA)
- Stored Program Control
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Strategic Planning Consultant (various organizations)
- Strategy & Planning Committee
- Strategy and Policy Committee (various locations)
- Strike Planning Cell
- Student Paper Conference
- Student Platoon Commander (ROTC)
- Student Price Card (Canada)
- Student Project Competition (various organizations)
- Subaquatique Pirate Club (French: Underwater Pirate Club; diving association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Storm Prediction Center indicate that only 17 tornadoes touched down during the month, representing the fewest number of March tornadoes in the U.
Chris Vaccaro, spokesman for the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma, said the weather service had received at least 120 reports of tornadoes by dawn yesterday.
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center "is forecasting the development of a few strong, long-track tornadoes over parts of the mid-south, central Gulf Coast states and Tennessee Valley this afternoon and evening," it said in an outlook statement.
To help understand how fall and winter weather might affect spring tornado seasons, the research team acquired the historical database of severe thunderstorms and tornado occurrences from 1951-2006 from the Storm Prediction Center of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
The center's Hazardous Weather Testbed (HWT) links the forecast office for central Oklahoma with the NOAA's national storm prediction center, and is large enough and technologically equipped to host a yearly gathering of experts who develop and analyze new methods for weather forecasting.
According to the National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center, 42 tornadoes were sighted April 7 across Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Indiana and South Carolina.
CROSS-CURRICULAR CONNECTIONS: MATH: The Storm Prediction Center keeps monthly tornado statistics.