Connectrix(R) MDS Storage Media Encryption (SME) with RSA -- a SAN-based solution for encryption to tape or virtual tape.
What does SME stand for?
SME stands for Storage Media Encryption (various companies)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SME
We have 285 other meanings of SME in our Acronym Attic
- Special Mission Equipment
- Specialized Market Expert
- Spontaneous Music Ensemble (est. 1966)
- Sports Media Entertainment (broadcast outlet)
- Squadron Medical Element
- Square Meter Equivalent (textile trade)
- Standard Model Extension (physics)
- State Machine Editor
- Static Model Exchange
- Stato Maggiore dell'Esercito (Italian: Army General Staff)
- Stratégie Marine Européenne (French: EU Marine Strategy)
- Subject Matter Expert
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Submucosal Extension
- Submucosal Mass Effect
- SuccessMaker Enterprise (education)
- Sun Microelectronics (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
- Supply Management Executive/Expert
- Surface Mining Equipment
- Surface Mobile Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
For storage media encryption to be applied and managed "invisibly", it requires compressing, encrypting, and authenticating stored data at the block level prior to being written to tape.
Data protection and compliance in storage environments HP added new storage encryption, key management and compliance capabilities to its Secure Advantage portfolio, including: * The HP C-Series MDS 9000 Storage Media Encryption (SME) fabric switch secures data stored on tape drives and virtual tape libraries in a storage area network environment.