A cocktail of three specific genes can reprogram cells in the scars caused by heart attacks into functioning muscle cells, and the addition of a gene that stimulates the growth of blood vessels enhances that effect, say researchers from Weill Cornell Medical College, Baylor College of Medicine and Stony Brook University Medical Center in a report that appears online in the Journal of the American Heart Association.
What does SBUMC stand for?
SBUMC stands for Stony Brook University Medical Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Simulator Block Update (US Air Force)
- Serial Data Buffer (assembly language directive)
- South Bronx United Gardeners (New York)
- Sustainable Business User Group (California)
- Santa Barbara Urban Hydrograph (civil engineering)
- Sauce Be Upon Him
- Stony Brook University Hospital (Long Island, NY)
- Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman (Kerman, Iran)
- Senior Benefits and Utilization Management
- Serie B Underground Magazine (Spanish publication)
- Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (Tehran, Iran)
- Sims Bayou Urban Nature Center (bird sanctuary; Houston, TX)
- Sensitive But Unclassified Network
- Stony Brook University Physicians (New York)
- Society for Basic Urologic Research
- Saint Bonaventure University Rugby Football Club
- Second Bank of the United States (1816-1836)
- Serial Bus
- Sub Business Unit
- Solar Backscatter Ultraviolet
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than 10 years later, in a follow-up review of these patients, doctors at Baylor College of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College and Stony Brook University Medical Center report the outcomes are promising and open the door for larger trials to begin.
Shands Hospital at The University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL * Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY * Thomson Reuters, Philadelphia, PA "We are honored to have such a distinguished representation from across the emergency medicine community join us as speakers at our summit," said Dianne Vass, executive director of EMPSF.
Michael Egnor, professor and vice-chairman of the Department of Neurological Surgery at Stony Brook University Medical Center, said, "Flannery's superb book provides the reader with indispensable insight into the earliest squalls in the modern tempest over Darwin's theory and intelligent design.
Previously, researchers William Jungers and Karen Baab, both from Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York, studied the skeletal remains of the female (LB1), nicknamed "Little Lady of Flores" or "Flo" to confirm the evolutionary path of the hobbit species.
A month later, however, Lisa and her husband Jim were told by Stony Brook University Medical Center that Alex had actually died of a rare lymphoma.
Stony Brook University Medical Center, The Research Foundation of SUNY, Stony Brook, N.
Key Study Details In a multi-center study led by researchers at Stony Brook University Medical Center (Stony Brook, NY), researchers evaluated cCTA studies with the COR Analyzer from 341 patients from low, intermediate and high prevalence populations.