Contractor name : CONSORTIUM OF THE EUROPEAN SECURITY AND DEFENCE NETWORK: FONDATION POUR LA RECHERCHE STRATEeGIQUE FRS (LEAD CONTRACTOR), STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL PEACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE (SIPRI), CHATHAM HOUSE, BARCELO
What does SIPRI stand for?
SIPRI stands for Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of SIPRI in our Acronym Attic
- Special In-Progress Review
- Spurious IP Packet Rate
- Système d'Informations Périnatales Régional
- Solomon Islands Party for Rural Advancement (political group)
- Southern Illinois Parks & Recreation Association
- SIPRNET Connection Approval Process
- Snow, Ice, and Permafrost Research Establishment
- Strengthening Intellectual Property Rights in Egypt
- Signal and Image Processing Research Group
- SIP Residential Gateway
- Secret Internet Protocol Router Network
- Secure Internet Protocol Network
- Sistema de Protecciòn Civil (Guatemala special police task force)
- Science Instrument Purge Subsystem
- Science Investigator-led Processing System (NASA)
- Secure Internet Payment Service (Cybercash)
- Session Initiation Protocol Secure (IETF)
- Short Interval Production Schedule (construction scheduling)
- Side Impact Protection System
- Side Impact Protection System (Volvo)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) and the University of Central Asia's Institute of Public Policy and Administration (UCA IPPA) conducted a summer school on Labour Markets in Central Asia from 13 to 25 July 2014 in Issyk Kul, Kyrgyz Republic.
The UAE is the fourth largest arms importer in the world, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, and it has spent over $19bln on military equipment in 2012.
A researcher at Stockholm International Peace Research Institute told the BBC: "It's much more likely that it's a flag of convenience.
According to arms sells monitoring by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), South Sudan is the biggest military buyer in the region.
China has been boosting its defence budget for decades, and last year was the world's second biggest military spender with an outlay of $166 billion, according to Sweden-based think-tank the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
My expectation is that it will be more of a getting-to-know-you type of exercise," nuclear expert Shannon Kile of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute said.
It supplied tanks, fighter jets, assault rifles ammunition worth over $ 200 since 1993, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute ( SIPRI).