Project status:Accepted Project Funding: 250000 EURO Programme Acronym: BCR 4 Programme type:Second Framework Programme General information: The presence of steroid hormone receptors correlates with various biological characteristics in breast and endometrium cancer.
What does SHR stand for?
SHR stands for Steroid Hormone Receptor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHR
We have 165 other meanings of SHR in our Acronym Attic
- Solder Heat Resistance
- South Hampton Roads (Virginia)
- South Hunterdon Regional High School (Lambertville, New Jersey)
- Special Hazards Review (NIOSH)
- Spectrum Healthcare Resources, Inc. (Saint Louis, MO)
- Spontaneously Hypertensive Rat
- Sport History Review (journal)
- Staff Human Resources
- State Highway Route
- Step Height Reduction
- Steve Henry Racing (Texas)
- Stewart-Haas Racing (automobile racing team)
- Student Health Record (various organizations)
- Suburban Home Records (Denver, CO)
- Super Heterodyne Receiver
- Superheterodyne Receiver
- Supplementary Homicide Report
- Sveriges Herpetologiska Riksförening (Sweden)
- Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats with Heart Failure (cardiology function)
- Spontaneously Hypertensive Rat Stroke-Prone
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using a hierarchical cluster analysis, they identified groups of genes related to the biological processes of proliferation and steroid hormone receptor expression, as expected.
2) In addition, male and female breast cancers differ in regards to expression of steroid hormone receptors (men are more likely to have estrogen and progesterone receptor positive tumors), (2) molecular markers (CerbB-2 and BCL-2 protooncogenes may have no prognostic significance in men, while in women it is associated with poor and favorable prognosis, respectively), (3) and genetics (as in women, men with BRCA-2 mutations are predisposed to develop breast cancer but BRCA-1 mutation does not seem to be a risk factor for breast cancer in men, although it has been described in affected men).
I was distressed to read that SCIENCE NEWS thinks there are no steroid hormone receptors in insects ("Ancient estrogen," SN: 8/11/01, p.
Some of the topics covered include proliferation markers in both histologic and cytologic specimens, AR for immunoelectron microscopy, steroid hormone receptor techniques (namely estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer), AR in neuroscience, target retrieval for in situ hybridization, and methods for evaluation of expression of tumor suppressor proteins.
 It has also been proposed that fibrous dysplasia might be associated with increased levels of steroid hormone receptors (receptors of estrogens or progesterone).
With three types of estrogens (estradiol, estriol, and estrone) and 30 different types of steroid hormone receptors found in a diverse range of tissues, the role of estrogen in regulating labor is almost a field unto itself.
Valentis' patents on the GeneSwitch technology, which also include previously issued United States Patent 5,364,791 and 5,874,534, cover gene regulation using steroid hormone receptors in any gene delivery system and specifically include the regulation of therapeutic genes in the body.