By enriching their therapeutic offerings in radiation oncology, Medanta - The Medicity Cancer Institute and the Roentgen-BLK Radiation Oncology Center can now provide patients treatment with the CyberKnife System and expand the patient population that can now benefit from CyberKnife radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in the region.
What does SBRT stand for?
SBRT stands for Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBRT
We have 4 other meanings of SBRT in our Acronym Attic
- Skip If Bit in Register Set (processor instruction)
- Social Behavior Rating Scale
- South Birmingham Radio Society
- Sri Bhuvanendra Residential School (India)
- Stony Brook Regional Sewerage Authority (Princeton, NJ)
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District (Sheffield, MA)
- School-Based Resource Team (Canada)
- Small Business Research Trust (UK)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Radioterapia (Portugese)
- South Bend Revitalization Team (South Bend, WA)
- Susquehanna Bicycle Racing Team (Bloomsburg, PA)
- Simulation-Based Real-Time Scheduling
- Sasquatch Bigfoot Research Unit (Indiana)
- Scottish Borders Rugby Union
- Southern Beaches Rugby Union
- Semi-annual Brotherhood Review Vote (Zeta Beta Tau fraternity)
- Small Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
- Southern Bay Race Week (sailing; Hampton Beach, VA)
- Southern Bronx River Watershed Alliance (New York)
- Missionary Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament (religious order)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Results of the trial, available in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, show that stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), which delivers ultraprecise radiation, is effective in treating patients with localized prostate cancer in five 30-minute sessions every other day over two weeks.
Emerging modalities like proton therapy, carbon ion radiotherapy, molecular targeted therapies, cancer stem cell biology, tumor-targeted radioisotope therapy, hyperthermia, and stereotactic body radiation therapy are expanded in this edition, which also incorporates the latest advances, expanded sections on imaging, color illustrations, and multimodality approaches.
00 Kavanaugh (radiation oncology, University of Colorado Comprehensive Cancer Center) and Timmerman (image guided stereotactic radiation therapeutics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center) demonstrate the power of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) as a weapon in the cancer-fighting arsenal, and give advice on building a clinical SBRT program.
The program serves more than 1,000 patients each year and provides state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and advanced treatment technologies including: * RapidArc([R]) IMRT (intensity modulated radiotherapy) * Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) * Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) * Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) * Brachytherapy * Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) * Wide Bore 4D CT Scanner * Robotic Couch * Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) * Respiratory Gating John Muir Health has one of the largest and the most technologically advanced Radiation Oncology programs in the Bay Area.
The Company's leading-edge technologies - the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems - are designed to deliver radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, image guided radiation therapy, and adaptive radiation therapy.
Excessive toxicity when treating central tumors in a phase II study of stereotactic body radiation therapy for medically inoperable early-stage lung cancer.
For our patients, the use of Agility with VMAT delivery will allow us to administer Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) more quickly and efficiently than our current fixed-field approach," says Vivian Cosgrove, Ph.