You could ask someone else in the family to speak to your step-kids on your behalf but I don't think there's much else you can do, other than letting them know your door is always open and that you'll always be there for them if they decide they want to get in touch.
What does SKID stand for?
SKID stands for Step-Kid
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SKID
- Symmetric Key Infrastructure (ActiveCard)
- Secure Key Issuing Authority
- Shotokan Karate International Australia (martial arts)
- Stichting Kinderen in Bolivia
- Boeing Employees' Ski Club Inc.
- Shotokan Karate-Do International Belgian Federation (martial arts)
- Sky Image Cataloging and Analysis Tool
- Secret Key Identification (cryptography)
- Sheila Kothavala Institute for the Deaf (India)
- Shotokan Karate International Deutschland (Germany)
- South Kentucky Industrial Development Association
- Secondary Kinetic Isotope Effect
- Stowarzyszenia Kultury I Edukacji (Polish: Association of Culture and Education; Warsaw, Poland)
- Sergey Kuryokhin International Festival (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Shotokan Karate International Federation
- Sotsyalistisher Kinder Farband (Poland, Socialist Children' Union)
- Specific Kinase Inhibitory Factor (protein factor)
- Shotokan Karate-Do International Federation Trinidad & Tobago (martial arts)
- South Korean Interim Government
- Studio Kreativnih Ideja Gunja (Croatian: Studio of Creative Ideas from Gunja)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I've got four kids, two step-kids and lots of animals.
The step-kids are happy to trade on Paul's name - why don't they use their birth father's handle?
The statement adds: "Jason was a loving partner to Grace' an exemplary father to Rebecca and his step-kids Jamie and Toby' a thoughtful and generous brother to Damian, Lorraine, Stuart, Trudy and Carol and devoted son to Yvette.
If your step-kids can stay up until 10pm on Saturday at home but you expect them to be in bed by 8pm, go for somewhere in the middle.
He fined his step-kids if they committed any heinous household crimes,like leaving a wet towel lying around, whileJude never went out with her friends ``because Roy's very insecure''.