Today, NGOs are at par with UN agencies such as the Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC), the UN humanitarian outfit based in Geneva, where Inter Action (the American consortium) and the International Council of Voluntary Agencies (the European consortium of NGOs) and the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response (SCHR), among others, deliberate as equal partners with the UN, in defining standards and procedures on humanitarian response, to the total exclusion of the "beneficiary populations" across the globe, let alone Africa.
What does SCHR stand for?
SCHR stands for Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCHR
We have 5 other meanings of SCHR in our Acronym Attic
- Steger-Chicago Heights Public Library (Steger, IL)
- Scott County Historic Preservation Society (Iowa)
- Société Canadienne d'Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences (French: Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Science; Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
- Swiss Collaborative HIV and Pregnancy Study
- South Carolina Healthcare Quality Trust (hospital quality collaborative)
- Schrijver (Dutch)
- Scottish Centre for Himalayan Research (King's College; Aberdeen, Scotland, UK)
- Scottish Church Heritage Research
- Southern Center for Human Rights (Atlanta, GA)
- Standing Committee on Human Resources (Louisiana)
- Saskatchewan Council of Human Resource Associations (Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Sheboygan County Historical Research Center
- State Criminal History Repository Check (various locations)
- Suffolk County Human Rights Commission (New York)
- Sociedad Chilena de Reproduccion y Desarrollo (Spanish)
- Steering Committee on Human Resources Development (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation)
- Study Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (Fallujah, Iraq)
- Scottish Community and Householder Renewables Initiative (UK)
- Seattle Children's Hospital Research Institute (Seattle, WA)
- Southern California Human Rights Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
6) The members of the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response are Caritas Internationalis, Catholic Relief Services, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the International Save the Children Alliance, the Lutheran World Federation, Oxfam and the World Council of Churches.