Barrier, which stands for Steel And Foam Energy Reduction.
What does SAFER stand for?
SAFER stands for Steel And Foam Energy Reduction (racetrack barrier developed by University of Nebraska)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAFER
We have 26 other meanings of SAFER in our Acronym Attic
- Safer Alternatives for Enjoyable Recreation (pro-marijuana group)
- Safety and Fitness Electronics Records System (Johns Hopkins University)
- Safety Assessment for Evaluating Rehoming
- Sandwell Approach Forum for Eliminating Racism (UK)
- Secure and Fast Encryption Routine (cryptography)
- Simplified Aid For EVA Rescue
- Société d'Aménagement Foncier et d'Etablissement Rural (French: Property and Rural Settlement Development Corporation)
- Southern Area Fire Equipment Research
- Split Access Flexible Egress Routing (AT&T)
- Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Streamlined Approach for Environmental Restoration (US DoE)
- Students Active For Ending Rape
- Safety Investigation Report
- Safety and Fitness Electric Records System
- System on AWIPS (Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System) for Forecasting and Evaluation of Seas
- Sexual Assault and Family Trauma (Spokane, Washington)
- Security And Fire Escape Training & Education
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (US DOT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The University of Nebraska's Midwest Roadside Safety Facility, a research organization focusing on all aspects of highway design and safety, developed a new Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barrier, which was installed in all four turns at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.