Johnson has been working with Connacher since June 2007 during the building of the firm's first steam-assisted gravity drainage bitumen facilities and associated wells at Great Divide.
What does SAGD stand for?
SAGD stands for Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage (oil extraction process)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAGD
We have 4 other meanings of SAGD in our Acronym Attic
- South American Gold and Copper Company Limited (Chile)
- St. Albert & District Garden Club (Canada)
- St. Albert Gymnastics Club
- St. Antonius Girls' College (Hong Kong)
- Surface Action Group Commander
- Society of Australian Golf Course Architects
- Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Separate Absorption, Grading, Charge, and Multiplication (optics)
- Standing Advisory Group on Community Psychiatric Nurse Education (UK)
- Security Architecture Guidance and Directions
- South African Graduates Development Association (Marshalltown, South Africa)
- South African Golf Development Board
- Share of Agriculture in Gross Domestic Product
- (Unix) System Administrators' Guild
- Savings and Growth for Education
- Scalable Automated Guided Execution (computer testing tool)
- Scarborough against Genetic Engineering (Yorkshire, UK)
- Schéma d'Aménagement et de Gestion des Eaux (French: Water Development and Management Scheme)
- Science Advice for Government Effectiveness (Canada)
- Scottish Area Gas Evacuation
Samples in periodicals archive:
IMV Projects has worked for Shell since 2004, executing a variety of new projects in Western Canada and offshore Alaska, including the project management, engineering, procurement and construction management of the grass-roots 20,000 BOPD Orion steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) facility.
The Husky joint venture [BP is planning] will use a process known as steam-assisted gravity drainage, not mining, which produces oil in-situ with a significant reduction of both water use and overall environmental footprint," it said in a statement.
The construction and operation of a two-stage bitumen recovery operation with the use of steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), has won regulatory approval.
The presentation will focus on the performance, strategy and outlook of EnCana's steam-assisted gravity drainage oilsands projects in northeast Alberta.
The OptoLog DTS HT system is designed for high-temperature applications - such as steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) or steamflooding - that produce severe downhole conditions that render most optical fibers ineffective.
The firm, based in Calgary, also said it has secured regulatory approval to construct and run a bitumen recovery scheme utilizing steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD).
Long Lake is the country's first oil sands project to integrate steam-assisted gravity drainage extraction technology with on-site upgrading and employs a new approach to the upgrading process.