The van needs a new gearbox so I put the statutory off road notice (SORN) in the back in February and parked it outside the old launderette," said Mr Discombe, from nearby Durham Road.
What does SORN stand for?
SORN stands for Statutory Off Road Notice (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SORN
We have 2 other meanings of SORN in our Acronym Attic
- Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (game)
- Sistema Operativno-Rozysknykh Meropriyatii (System for Operational-Investigative Activities; a Russian network eavesdropping/monitoring system)
- Standard Organization Regulations Manual
- State of the River Management (now Aire Action Leeds; UK)
- State Office of Risk Management (Texas)
- Service Object Request Management Architecture (software framework)
- Symposium on Radiation Measurements and Applications
- Shades of Romance Magazine (St. Louis, MO)
- Scottish Outdoor Recreation Network (UK)
- Standard Organization & Regulations of the Navy (USA)
- Statutory Off Road Notification (UK government Driver and Vehicle Licencing Centre, DVLC)
- System of Records Notice
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (US Department of Justice)
- Sound Ranging
- Survey of Returned New Zealanders
- Salary-Operated Retail Operations
- Scan On Receive Only
- State Office/Regional Office
- Southern Oregon Rental Owners Association (Medford, OR)
- Severe Off-Road Package (Ford Motor Company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vehicles with a valid Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) will not be required to be insured.
All cars will now need to be insured to avoid seizure and fines apart from those that have been officially declared off the road and subject to a Statutory Off Road Notice.
There's also the Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) which takes the place of Road Tax and ensures that your vehicle is legally off the road.
The registered keeper must also make a Statutory Off Road Notice declaration.
However, vehicles with a valid Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) will not be required to be insured.