The Statewide Independent Living Council is in advocated for Texans with disabilities.
What does SILC stand for?
SILC stands for Statewide Independent Living Council
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SILC
We have 90 other meanings of SILC in our Acronym Attic
- Soroptimist International of Long Beach (est. 1921; Long Beach, CA)
- Self Insured Lumber Businesses Association, Inc. (Andover, Massachusetts)
- Secure Internet Live Conferencing
- Séjours Internationaux Linguistiques et Culturels (French)
- Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center (US Coast Guard)
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Soft Impact Location Capability
- Spallation-Induced Lithium Conversion
- Spring International Language Center (Arkansas)
- State Independent Living Center (various organizations)
- Stockpile Inventory List Comparator
- Stress Induced Leakage Current
- Staten Island Liberian Community Association (New York)
- Security Investment, Logistics and Civil Emergency Planning (NATO)
- Statewide Independent Living Council of Kansas
- School of International Leadership and Development
- Sensory Impairment and Learning Difficulties (UK)
- Sexual Induced Lucid Dream
- Special Improvement Lighting District
- Sumitomo Integrated Lammeren Duct (energy saving device on ships)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sha Burke-Stephens of North Little Rock has been named executive director of the Arkansas Statewide Independent Living Council.
Dew has served on the Statewide Independent Living Council of Kansas since 2006, and is currently the Treasurer and Secretary.
New statewide independent living councils (SILC's) are established with appointments directly from governors' offices or other powers within a state which have equal or greater appointment authority.
Founded in 1982, NCIL represents thousands of organizations and individuals, including Centers for Independent Living (CILs), Statewide Independent Living Councils (SILCs), individuals with disabilities, and other organizations that advocate for the human and civil rights of people with disabilities throughout the United States.
In addition to furthering the relationship between the VR systems and the IL centers, Massachusetts has worked to assure that the present Statewide Independent Living Council meets the mandates of the 1992 Amendments.
Formal strategies for acquiring these funds should be jointly developed by VR, IL, and the Statewide Independent Living Council.
The audience will include the board of directors of the Statewide Independent Living Council of Georgia, Centers for Independent Living from across the state and individuals from the community of people with disabilities.