Secondary end points included change on the PTSD Checklist, the DAS (Dyadic Adjustment Scale), the BDI (Beck Depression Inventory), and the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (JAMA 20122;308:700-9).
What does STAI stand for?
STAI stands for State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (psychological assessment)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of STAI
We have 12 other meanings of STAI in our Acronym Attic
- Structural Analysis of General Shells (software)
- Swedish Tank Agility or Survivability
- Southern Tier Association for Human Resources (Binghamton, NY)
- Student Alliance for Healthcare Reform (Pennsylvania)
- Serologic Testing Algorithm for Recent HIV Seroconversion (immunology)
- Saint Thomas Aquinas High School (Louisville, OH)
- St. Andrew High School (Jamaica)
- Sail Training Association Italia (Italy)
- Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam (Indonesian: Islamic Religious Affairs High School)
- Spielberger Trait Anxiety Inventory
- Sugar Technologists' Association of India (est. 1925; New Delhi, India)
- Supersonic Tunnel Association International (est. 1954)
- State-Trait Anxiety Inventory for Children
- Space Technology and Applications International Forum (University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM)
- Search Techniques in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Stanford Artificial Intelligence Robot
- Start the Adventure in Reading (New Orleans, LA)
- Stroke Therapy Academic Industry Roundtable (conference)
- Stragegies and Tools to Assess and Implement Noise Reducing Measures for Railway Systems
- Stable Annual Investment for Renewal of Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
At each point, study participants answered 20 questions from the State-Trait Anxiety inventory, which is designed to assess different symptoms of anxiety.
Differences in State-Trait Anxiety Inventory scores for ethnically diverse adolescents in Hawaii.
The primary instrument employed in such studies has been the state anxiety sub-scale (SAD of the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI; Spielberger, 1983).
For the present study, the trait section of the Speilberger State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (Speilberger, Gorsuch, & Lushene, 1983) was used to evaluate anxiety, and the Muscle Dysmorphia Inventory (Short, 2005) was used to evaluate symptoms of MD.
After the patients had given written informed consent, demographic characteristics were obtained from them and they completed the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI).
Measurements The State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI) was used to measure anxiety, and altered state of consciousness (ASC) was measured with the ASC questionnaire.
The Estonian translation of State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI; Spielberger 1983) was used to measure state and trait anxiety.