Delta Community is a state-chartered credit union organized under the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, and its deposit accounts are federally insured through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
What does SCCU stand for?
SCCU stands for State-Chartered Credit Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SCCU
We have 20 other meanings of SCCU in our Acronym Attic
- South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Serials Cataloging Cooperative Training Program
- South Carolina Center for Teacher Recruitment
- Southland/Cerritos Center for Transportation Technologies (Norwalk, CA)
- Short Circuit Check Unit
- Single Channel Control Unit
- Southern Counties Chess Union (UK)
- Southern Counties Cycling Union (UK)
- Space Coast Credit Union
- Stand-Off Connectivity Control Unit (EOD robotics)
- South Carolina Credit Union League
- Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research
- Santa Cruz Community Ventures (Santa Cruz Community Credit Union; California)
- Secure Configuration Compliance Validation
- South Coast Car Valeting (UK)
- Southwest Canine Corps of Volunteers (New Mexico)
- Spinal Cord Conduction Velocity
- Sports Car Club of Vermont
- Shiawassee County Convention & Visitors Bureau (Michigan)
- Secure Configuration Compliance Validation Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Andrew Cuomo signed a bill into law Wednesday that will allow state-chartered credit unions to combine select employer groups, association and community groups into a single field of membership.
And it gives us a stronger lobbying effort both at the state level and the federal level," Kahley said, noting that Texas still has quite a few state-chartered credit unions, something Arkansas hasn't had in more than a decade.
According to NCUA officials, these changes were necessary to maintain the competitiveness of the federal charter with respect to state-chartered credit unions.
State-chartered credit unions are regulated at the state level.
In addition to providing parity for state-chartered credit unions with federal credit unions, it provides significantly stronger privacy provisions for Alaskans and for the first time extends that protection beyond banks to credit unions, trust companies, small loan companies and premium finance companies.
The decision specifically addresses federal credit unions, not state-chartered credit unions.
State-chartered credit unions are examined and supervised by state agencies, while federally chartered credit unions are examined and supervised by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government.