The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA) report said responsible fishing practices must be more widely implemented and called for new strategies to cope with climate change.
What does SOFIA stand for?
SOFIA stands for State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SOFIA
We have 11 other meanings of SOFIA in our Acronym Attic
- Språk- och Folkminnesinstitutet (Swedish: Institute for Dialectology, Onomastics and Folklore Research)
- Spray on Foam Insulation (space shuttle)
- Statement of Financial Information
- Statement of Financial Interest (various organizations)
- Swiss Organization for Facilitating Investments
- Sword of Fire and Ice (gaming, Magic the Gathering)
- Sociaal-Fiscaal Nummer (Dutch: economic registration number)
- Société Française des Infirmier(e)s Anesthésistes (French society of nurses anesthetists)
- Society of Film Archivists
- South Florida Information Access
- Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy
- Support Our Friends in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Special Operations Forces Industry Conference
- Société Wallonne de Financement Complémentaire des Infrastructures (French: Walloon Society of Additional Funding for Infrastructure; Belgium)
- Sodium (spray) Fire Code Validation
- Schools Online for Interactive Education
- Scintillating Optical Fiber Isotope Experiment (US NASA)
- Sediment or Fauna Incubation Experiment
- Solar Occultation for Ice Experiment (US NASA)
- Survey of Family Income and Employment (Statistics New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ROME, March 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Rebuilding depleted wild fish stocks is a "challenging necessity" says the newest edition of FAO's biennial report, The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA), released today.
5 million metric tons in 1990, according to the 2002 State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture report by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.