Pennsylvania's state veterans homes have implemented a quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) program that uses a systematic approach to identify areas for improvement throughout the system.
What does SVH stand for?
SVH stands for State Veterans Homes (US Department of Veterans Affairs)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SVH
We have 38 other meanings of SVH in our Acronym Attic
- Scalable Vector Graphics Examples
- Saint Vincent's Hospital (Sydney, Australia)
- Samui Villas and Homes (Phuket, Thailand)
- Silicon Valley Hellas
- Silicone Vacuum Hose (product)
- Simi Valley Hospital
- Skagit Valley Hospital (Mount Vernon, WA)
- St. Vincent Home
- St. Vincent Homes
- St. Vincent's Homes
- Sweet Valley High
- Shenandoah Valley Hockey Association (Virginia)
- Simons Valley Hockey Association (Alberta, Canada)
- Skagit Valley Homeschool Association (Washington)
- Special Vehicle Hiring Association (Australia)
- Sacopee Valley Health Center (Porter, ME)
- Scottish Veteran Harriers Club (UK)
- Seven Valleys Health Coalition (Cortland, NY)
- South Valley Health Commons (health care facility; New Mexico)
- Southwestern Vermont Health Care (Bennington, VT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nevada's Gary Bermeosolo, Legislative Chairman of the National Association of State Veterans Homes, also offered his thanks by saying "(we) appreciate the efforts of Senator Ensign and Congressman William "Mac" Thornberry of Texas (who introduced the House bill in late January) to correct the inequity created by the onerous definition requiring Gold Star Parents to have lost 'all' of their children to wartime service in order to be considered for admission to a state veterans home.
Unlike four other Texas State Veterans Homes previously completed by MW Builders (Floresville, Big Spring and Bonham), the facility in Tyler will consist of ten cottages and one common building.
Information about the Wisconsin state Veterans homes can be obtained on the Internet at http://dva.
Currently, Gold Star parents (those who have lost sons or daughters during military service) are only eligible for care at state veterans homes if all of their children have died in service to America.
Alfie Alvarado, president of the National Association of State Veterans Homes, said the per diem, or daily payments, allow homes to help elderly veterans as well as take in homeless vets.
Another provision clarifies that per diem pavements made by the VA for the care of veterans in state veterans homes shall not be used to offset or reduce other payments made to assist veterans.
More information about Pennsylvania state Veterans homes is available on the Internet at www.