Whereas state unemployment insurance only pays up to 30% of an individual's most recent salary, Layoff Assurance plans start at $2,000 per month.
What does SUI stand for?
SUI stands for State Unemployment Insurance (tax)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SUI
We have 34 other meanings of SUI in our Acronym Attic
- Secure User Identification
- Sensitive Unclassified Information
- Serious Untoward Incident (National Health Service; UK)
- Shopping Under the Influence (humor)
- Singapore Utilities International Pte Ltd
- Society of United Irishmen (political group)
- Speech User Interface
- Standard User Interface
- Stanford University Interim
- State Unemployment Income
- State University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA)
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- String Unique Identifier
- Suisun-Fairfield (Amtrak station code; Suisun-Farield, CA)
- System Under Investigation (computing)
- System User Interface
- Systems Unlimited, Inc.
- School and University Internet Awards (Ireland; website design competition)
- State Unemployment Insurance Agency (US DOL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our second article in this issue examines changes in federal and state unemployment insurance legislation in 2011.
2 million Americans were claiming state unemployment insurance, a decrease of around 600,000 compared to this time last year.
Byline: ANI Washington, Feb 21 (ANI): Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has announced that he will decline stimulus money specifically targeted at expanding state unemployment insurance coverage, becoming the first state executive to officially refuse any part of the federal government's payout to states.
New claims for state unemployment insurance benefits in the US also increased to a seasonally adjusted 588,000 last week from a revised 585,000 the previous week, the labour department said.
The first state pension was created in 1908, the state health insurance was created in 1911, which was intended to run alongside private health insurance, and also in 1911 state unemployment insurance was created, which was intended not to damage the friendly societies.
Initial claims for state unemployment insurance aid fell for the second straight week, slipping to 348,000 in the week ended February 9, down from a slightly upwardly revised 357,000 for the prior week, the Labour Department said.
Unemployment Insurance States have adopted the following uniform order of priority in determining when an individual engaged in interstate employment is "employed" for purposes of remitting state unemployment insurance payments.