He appealed his termination to the state personnel board, who awarded him $541,000 in back pay and reinstated him.
What does SPB stand for?
SPB stands for State Personnel Board
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SPB
We have 163 other meanings of SPB in our Acronym Attic
- Special Pathogens Branch (Centers for Disease Control)
- Special Projects Branch (National Institutes of Health)
- Special Purpose Bodies (various organizations)
- Specialty Products Business (various organizations)
- Sphere Packing Bound
- Spindle Pole Body (biology, biochemistry)
- Split Pillow Block (engineering)
- Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubramaniam (Indian singer)
- St Thomas Island, VI, USA - Seaplane Base (Airport Code)
- State Parole Board (New Jersey)
- State Postal Bureau (China)
- Strategic Planning and Budget (Office)
- Strategic Planning Board
- Strategic Policy Branch (Health Canada)
- Summative Project Brief
- Super Paint Brawl (community forum)
- Survivor Benefit Plan (US DoD)
- San Pablo Baseball Association (California)
- Sandy Plains Baseball Association (Marietta, GA)
- Sao Paolo Bluegrass Association (Brasil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
it is believed that the State Personnel Board hearing system favors the state of New Mexico against the individual state employees appealing their discipline.
Earlier this week, the Anchorage Daily News reported that the ethics complaint against the governor and other senior officials from her administration had cost the state personnel board nearly 300,000 dollars, the bulk of it from the "Troopergate" investigation.
The Governor appoints two members, the Assembly Speaker and Senate Rules Committee jointly appoint a member, and the State Personnel board appoints a member.
He objected to an initiative by California's State Personnel Board to prevent Japanese-Americans from taking civil service exams.
html * California State Personnel Board Certification: www.
Charles Hughes, who also figured in the demotion disclosed Monday of the California State Prison-Los Angeles County warden, confirmed the termination and said he will appeal it to the State Personnel Board.
However, because the case involves a state agency as defendant, a separate complaint on the matter was filed before the State Personnel Board of Review, a tribunal that regulates civil service in Ohio.