A uniform national standard will significantly simplify compliance with all of the different state laws," Melancon said noting that numerous state income tax withholding laws, and varying de minimis exemption periods make compliance extremely difficult and time consuming.
What does SITW stand for?
SITW stands for State Income Tax Withholding
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SITW
We have 1 other meaning of SITW in our Acronym Attic
- Society for the Investigation of the Unexplained (Ivan T. Sanderson organization; est. 1965)
- Surat Izin Tempat Usaha (Indonesian: Places of Business License)
- Spatial Integrity Thresholding of Urban Polygons
- Soroptimist International Thames Valley (UK)
- Stuck in the Valley (gaming clan)
- System Integration Test Vehicle
- School in the Woods (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Seen in the Wild
- Semester in the West (Whitman College)
- Sisters in the Wind (motorcycling group)
- Stats in the Wild (sports statistics)
- Sorry If That Was Unclear (net slang)
- Society of Interpreters and Translators of Yukon (Canada)
- See, I Told You So
- Seychelles International Trade Zone (Seychelles)
- Salem International University
- Sapporo International University (Japan)
- Scheduling Information Unsolicited (health care)
- Schiller International University
- Seafarers International Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lawmakers voted to increase the statewide sales tax by 1 percent and for a 10 percent increase in state income tax withholding, which will begin later this month.
00 Hardcover KF6436 Written to provide a convenient guide to all aspects of payroll administration, this volume offers concise, accessible answers to some 1,200 commonly-asked questions, such as how benefits are taxed and reported; how the required new-hire reporting is implemented; what the penalties are for violation of the equal pay provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act; general rules for depositing taxes; and the most common methods used to calculate state income tax withholding.
Distributions made directly to participants are subject to 20% federal income tax withholding and, in some states, to state income tax withholding.
3 percent of compensation for employer and employee social security taxes, at least 15 percent for federal income tax withholding, approximately 6 percent for state income tax withholding, and approximately 4 percent for unemployment insurance.
More than 70,000 businesses across Arkansas now have a faster way to pay their state income tax withholding payments, thanks to a new service offered through http://www.