In 2011, Make-A-Wish[R] Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana was added to the Louisiana state income tax return form as a check-off option so that individuals can donate a portion or all of their state income tax refund to the organization to help make children's wishes come true.
What does SITR stand for?
SITR stands for State Income Tax Refund
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SITR
We have 3 other meanings of SITR in our Acronym Attic
- System Integration Test Plan
- Southern Idaho Timber Protective Association (McCall, Idaho)
- Simpler Trade Procedures Board (UK)
- Société Immobilière Trans-Québec (French: Trans-Quebec Real Estate Company; Quebec, Canada)
- Secure IT Recycling
- Silicon Transformation Reaction
- Singin' in the Rain (movie/musical)
- SmokingInTheRain (online movie database)
- Social Intelligence Technology Research Laboratory (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology; Japan)
- Social Investment Tax Relief (UK)
- Systems Integrated Tyre Recycling
- Sindicato dos Trabalhadores dos Transportes Rodoviários e Afins (Portugal)
- Situation Report Army File
- South India Textile Research Association (India)
- Système d'information Touristique de Rhône-Alpes (France)
- Sindicato de Trabajadores del Ministerio de Agricultura, Ganadería y Alimentación (Union of Workers in the Ministry of Agriculture, Cattle-Raising and Food)
- Sindicato de Trabajadores Administrativos y de Servicio de la Educación Guatemalteca
- Sindicato de Trabajadores de La Tela Railroad Company (Spanish: Labor Union of the Tela Railroad Company; Honduras)
- Situation Report
- Simplification of International Trade
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 million state income tax refund, authorities said Monday.
Colorado's law allows taxpayers to contribute a part of their state income tax refund to the Families in Action for Mental Health Fund, which provides education, advocacy, information and referrals to prevent suicides.
Byline: Ilene Aleshire The Register-Guard The average state income tax refund for Oregonians so far this season is $665, according to preliminary figures from the state Department of Revenue.
Those being hit first and hardest are counties and local governments that rely on millions of dollars from the state each month, taxpayers expecting state income tax refunds, and businesses and contractors who do business with state agencies.
In some cases, officials have gone after violators' state income tax refunds.
Conversely, IRS received over $77 million from states' levy of state income tax refunds to pay delinquent federal taxes.
If the client used the standard deduction on his or her original return and received a state income tax refund, then the state income tax refund was not taxable(4) in the year of receipt.