CalCPA has written a letter to all 53 California Congressional Representatives urging them to support House Resolution 1864, the Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2011.
What does SIT stand for?
SIT stands for State Income Tax
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SIT
We have 236 other meanings of SIT in our Acronym Attic
- Speak in Tongues
- Special Information Tone(s)
- Special Interest Target (US DoD)
- Special Investigation Team (India)
- Specific Immunotherapy
- Spectrum Information Technologies
- Spontaneous Ignition Temperature
- Sprint in Touch
- Squadron Integration Training (US DoD)
- Standard Infiltration Tactics (Tom Clancy)
- Statement of Inventory Transaction
- Static Induction Transistor
- Stationary Infantry Target (US Army training)
- Stay in Touch
- Stay in Tune (guitar string company)
- Sterile Insect Technique
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Stock in Transit
- Storage In Transit
- Strategic Information Technology, Ltd (Whitchurch-stouffville, ON, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since Nevada does not collect state income tax, the state is not directly affected by its college dropout rate.
8 percent of tax filers, Greenwich provides nearly 13 percent of all state income tax, helping to pay for schools in West Hartford and road repairs in Rockville, not to mention every other cost related to running the state.
Know the rules for taxation of state income tax refunds: Historically, the tax benefit rule has caused a refund of state income taxes deducted in a prior year to be taxable to the extent that itemized deductions that year exceeded the standard deduction.
In contrast, state income tax payments made by a C corporation are allowable costs.
STEP 3 PARTICIPATE IN A COLLEGE SAVINGS PLAN IF IT PROVIDES STATE INCOME TAX SAVINGS Clients facing future higher education costs next should investigate state-sponsored tax-advantaged college savings plans.
Daily News Unhappy returns for tax preparer A Van Nuys tax preparer pleaded no contest Friday to a felony charge of preparing fraudulent state income tax returns, officials said.
A bigger, more overarching change that has generated attention is to increase the state income tax and provide some property tax relief.