7 million for agricultural research and extension at Penn State; * Increases support for the state's nation-leading farmland preservation program with $35 million to preserve productive farmland against development; and * Ensures critical funding for the State Food Purchase Program at $17 million to help food insecure Pennsylvanians; * Continues funding for the Resource Enhancement and Protection Program, which provides $10 million in tax credits to producers who use best-management practices that protect our waterways and farmland.
What does SFPP stand for?
SFPP stands for State Food Purchase Program (Pennsylvania and New Jersey)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SFPP
We have 14 other meanings of SFPP in our Acronym Attic
- State of Florida Prelude Owners Association (Honda Prelude group)
- Semi-Fowler's Position of Comfort (emergency medicine)
- Suzhou Furukawa Power Optic Cable Co., Ltd. (China)
- San Francisco Port of Embarkation (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco Physical Oceanographic Real Time System (US Geological Survey & US NOAA)
- San Francisco Party Party (San Francisco, CA)
- Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines Partners, L.P.
- Spruce Fall Power and Paper Company
- State Farm Payment Plan (insurance)
- State Farm Project Planning
- Short Form Provisioning Parts List
- Support Facilities Provisioning Parts List
- Syndicat Français des Producteurs de Plants pour Professionnels (French)
- Six Factor Personality Questionnaire
- Syndicat de la Fonction Publique du Québec (Canada)
- Sally Fischer Public Relations (est. 1990; New York)
- San Fernando Pastoral Region (Archdiocese of Los Angeles, California)
- Secondary Failure of Platelet Recovery (hematology)
- Selective Functional Posterior Rhizotomy (surgical procedure)
- Sorry for Party Rocking (song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A state food purchase program that provided $4 million for hunger relief "has been a godsend," Nigro said.
Pennsylvania is one of a small number of states that funds its own State Food Purchase Program, or SFPP, to supplement food supplies at emergency food assistance agencies.
The State Food Purchase Program (SFPP) and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) are two programs that the PA Department of Agriculture administers to help alleviate hunger in the Commonwealth.
The State Food Purchase Program, one of the largest in the nation, provides cash grants to counties to purchase food for distribution to those in need.
Ways the public can participate in the Call to Action: There are so many ways that individuals can locally support this call to action, such as: organizing a food drive, volunteering at the Food Bank, making financial or in-kind donations, writing letters to the gubernatorial candidates seeking their views on hunger issues, calling your state senators to urge support for the State Food Purchase Program and the Farmer's Market Nutrition Program, participating in the Walk Against Hunger on April 13, and lobbying for the State Department of Welfare to simplify its 16-page Food Stamp application so that eligible people are more likely to apply.
46 million in cash grants to counties to purchase and distribute food through the State Food Purchase Program.