The State Emergency Service received more than 150 calls for help in the region overnight on Thursday evening.
What does SES stand for?
SES stands for State Emergency Service (Australian Volunteer Organisation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SES
We have 516 other meanings of SES in our Acronym Attic
- Special Event Station (various organizations)
- Specialist Education Services (New Zealand)
- Specialist Electronics Services Ltd (UK)
- Specialized Event Services (various companies)
- Spectrum Educational Supplies Limited (Canada)
- St. Elizabeth Seton
- Stamford Endowed Schools (Stamford, Lincolnshire, England, UK)
- Standard Energy Solutions
- Standard Exchange System (customs)
- Standards Engineering Society
- Static Excitation System (electrical engineering)
- Stationary-Ergodic Source
- Steam Electric Station
- Stern Embarkation System
- Stirling Engine System
- Stock Exchange of Singapore
- Store Electronic Systems (France)
- Straight Edge Society (various locations)
- Strategic Engineering Survey (US Navy)
- Strategy Execution Services (Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Western Australia's State Emergency Service (SES) is also advising people to prepare an emergency kit including first aid supplies, a torch, a portable radio, spare batteries and food and water before the storm hits.
For flood and storm assistance contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500 and for life-threatening emergencies dial triple zero (000).
This is a tragic loss of life and again our condolences go to that young man's family and friends," Queensland State Emergency Services Minister Neil Roberts said, urging people without power to ventilate in a century wrought huge damage to small coastal communities, cutting some of them off completely.
Tim Wiebusch, a state emergency service controller, has said around 10 to 20 communities could be affected by flooding over the coming days.
The conditions are easing right now and over the weekend, but the flooding will potentially increase next week," a state emergency services spokesman told AFP.
17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Witt Associates, the premier public safety and crisis management consulting firm, announced today that their partnership with the Orfalea Foundations and Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Services was awarded the California State Emergency Services Association (CESA) Platinum Award for innovations and achievements in emergency management for the Aware and Prepare Initiative.
Sylikiotis congratulated the District Office of Nicosia, the Civil Defence authorities, the Technical Services of the Interior Ministry and also the personnel of the state emergency services who all responded quickly and efficiently during the recent extreme weather disasters.