The federal State Criminal Alien Assistance Program pays some of these costs, with an award of $2,669,738 in the 2011 fiscal year.
What does SCAAP stand for?
SCAAP stands for State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (US Dept of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCAAP
We have 1 other meaning of SCAAP in our Acronym Attic
- Standardized Conventional Ammunition Automated Inventory Record
- Society of Certified Accountants and Auditors of Kosovo
- Santa Clarita Autism Asperger Network (California)
- Scottish Computer Assisted Assessment Network
- Skills and Competencies Alternate Assessment for Nevada (standardized test)
- Stark County Autism Awareness Network (Ohio)
- South Carolina Association of Assessing Officials
- Science Club Advisers Association of the Philippines
- Scranton Army Ammunition Plant (US Army)
- Special Commonwealth Assistance for Africa Programme (India)
- Schedule of Clinical Assessment of Acute Psychotic States (World Health Organization)
- St. Cloud Area Association of Realtors (Sartell, MN)
- Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association
- Sociedad Cooperativa de Asesores para el Avance Social (Spanish: Cooperative Society for the Advancement of Social Advisors; Mexico)
- Strategic Communication And Alerting System
- Safe Concentration and Attention Test (railway driver assessment)
- School and College Achievement and Attainment Tables (UK Department for Education and Skills)
- Single Constraint At A Time
- Steering Committee on Alternatives to Animal Testing (European Cosmetics Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The State Criminal Alien Assistance Program would be cut from $240 million to $70 million under Obama's plan, in one of many ways that federal austerity hits state and local budgets.
These include the Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Funds, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program and several block grants.
420 million for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program.
The funds would be diverted to the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program rather than being used to reduce the deficit.
As you stated in 2005 - while the federal programs such as the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) provide some of the reimbursement to county jails, the 'sum bears no relationship whatsoever to the state's actual average costs of incarcerating criminal aliens,'" Perry wrote.
Senate includes $415 million nationwide for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, repaying states for some of the incarceration costs.
3 million under the federal program, known as the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program.