The program is funded by a grant received from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency in December 2010, which enables PDOC to implement training for inmates in six state correctional institutions.
What does SCI stand for?
SCI stands for State Correctional Institution (various states)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCI
We have 533 other meanings of SCI in our Acronym Attic
- Special Control Item
- Special Crash Investigation
- Specification Change Index
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spore Coloration Index (geochemistry)
- Sport Club Internacional
- Sputtering Components, Inc. (various locations)
- St. Catherines Island (Georgia)
- Standard Components Inc. (Sterling Heights, MI)
- Starbucks Coffee International (various locations)
- Statement of Community Involvement (UK)
- Statement of Corporate Intent (operations agreement)
- Steel Construction Institute
- Stem Cell Initiative (various locations)
- Steven Counts, Inc. (Summerfield, FL)
- Stone Care International (Bellingham, WA)
- Strategic Capital Investments (various locations)
- Strategic Consulting International (Tulsa, OK)
- Strategic Corporate Initiative (est. 2005)
- Strategic Council for Innovation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Briggs, now 34, is held at the State Correctional Institution at Greene.
Also, the bill adds cell phones and other similar devices to the list of items declared to be contraband and unlawful--as a third degree felony--for a person to introduce into or upon the grounds of any state correctional institution.
Philadelphia Suburban Corporation (NYSE:PSC) announced that its Pennsylvania operating subsidiary purchased at year's end the water supply for the State Correctional Institution at Waymart (SCI), positioning the company to serve more than 1,300 inmates in Canaan Township, Wayne County, for $727,000.
Both men are incarcerated at the State Correctional Institution at Greene.
Mark Brown, correctional officer, State Correctional Institution Mahanoy, DOC; Daniel Brozovich (deceased), labor foreman, State Regional Correctional Facility Mercer, DOC; Susan Fazzini, drug and alcohol treatment specialist, SCI Greene, DOC; Brian Henderson, correctional officer/K-9 handler, DOC; Michael Lubinsky, correctional officer, SCI Fayette, DOC; Christopher Mickulicz, correctional officer, SCI Fayette, DOC
The first phase of the program is confinement in a state correctional institution for at least seven months, four of which are spent in a drug and alcohol treatment program.
Oregon State Correctional Institution, Salem - 128 inmates employed at engineering Support Unit (computer-aided mapping), call center, mailroom and print shop.