With a final pact on the city's budget in sight, the city needed data from the State Board of Real Property Services (BRPS), formerly the State Board of Equalization and Assessment, in order to set the rate.
What does SBEA stand for?
SBEA stands for State Board of Equalization and Assessment (New York)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SBEA
We have 16 other meanings of SBEA in our Acronym Attic
- Surface Boundary Exosphere
- Sustainable Built Environments (architecture; Australia)
- Switchboard Engineer
- Symmetric Bayes Estimation
- Synthetic Battlespace Environment (modeling and simulation)
- School of Business and Economics (Michigan Technical University; Houghton, MI)
- Small Business Energy Alliance (California)
- Small Business Excellence Awards
- Small Business Exporters Association
- Southern Business Education Association
- Systems Biology Experiment Analysis Management System
- Small Business Environmental Assistance Program
- Salem Blum Eisenbahn Bilder (German: Blum Salem Railway Pictures)
- Small Business Emergency Bridge (Florida)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Engenharia Biomédica (Portuguese: Brazilian Society of Biomedical Engineering)
- Bit-Bit Error Correction
- Single Bit Error Correcting
- Single Board Engine Controller (automotive engine computer)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council
- Small Business Enterprise Centre
Samples in periodicals archive:
Conrail's lawsuit names the New York State Board of Equalization and Assessment and individual assessing, levying and collecting jurisdictions in New York as defendants.
On December 15, in a case brought by New York City against the State Board of Equalization and Assessment (SBEA), Justice Stanley Parness nullified rates for two years as having been arbitrarily set.
The State Board of Equalization and Assessment (SBEA) ratios were higher than those being used by the assessors in the early and mid-1980s, and while the original bill would have technically benefitted taxpayers for earlier years, the majority of those earlier cases are already settled.
The City Council is still discussing the final tax rates and may propose a bill in Albany to dispense with the State Board of Equalization and Assessment (SBEA) data.
The City Council Finance Division proposed at a public hearing last week that the State Board of Equalization and Assessment calculations be abandoned.
366 per $100 of assessed valuation - there are no assurances that class shifts or equalization rate changes made by the State Board of Equalization and Assessment (SBEA) and the City Council won't change the bottom line on individual bills.
Grayson, a former city Finance Commissioner who is currently a vice--president at Goldman Sachs and a member of the State Board of Equalization and Assessment.