The release of Baldur's Gate put BioWare on the game development map and Neverwinter Nights, the third person role-playing game set in a fantasy world, further propelled the studio's success; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic solidified BioWare's reputation as an RPG powerhouse, winning multiple GDCAs in 2004 including top honors for Best Game.
What does SW:KotOR stand for?
SW:KotOR stands for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (video game)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Sliding Window Maximum-Likelihood Probabilistic Data Association
- Sliding Window Maximum-Log-Map (Maximum A Posteriori)
- Sliding Window Pattern Recognition Hand-Off (algorithm)
- Single-Well Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage
- StarWars Special Edition
- Shared Wavelength Time Division Multiplexing
- Software/Operating System
- Star Wars: Empire At War
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Star Wars: Episode II Title)
- Star Wars Expanded Universe (fiction)
- Shadow Word: Pain (World of Warcraft spell)
- Star Wars: Episode I: the Phantom Menace
- Steelworker First Class (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 2 (video game)
- SmartWatch 2
- Steelworker Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 2: Empires (gaming)
- Chief Steelworker (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 3 (video game)
- Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 (comet)
Samples in periodicals archive:
99) APPROXIMATELY five years after the events of the original Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, the Jedi, nearly brought to an end by the Sith, are on the brink of extinction.
The price cut, combined with the release of a number of hotly anticipated titles such Halo 2, Outrun 2 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, should ensure a happy Christmas for Microsoft.
Here are a few examples of PFJ's numerous active auctions: * A Brutal Legend Eddie Riggs statue signed by Tim Schafer * A Super Mario Kart SNES cartridge signed and illustrated by Shigeru Miyamoto * A copy of Killer7 signed by Suda 51 * A life-sized Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Ghost statue signed by Infinity Ward * A copy of Final Fantasy Tactics signed by Akihiko Yoshida & Hideo Minaba * A copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic signed by Bioware * A copy of Katamari Damacy signed by Keita Takahashi If you are a member of the gaming industry or the gaming media and are interested in affiliating your gaming-related auction with Play For Japan, please contact auctions@playforjapan.
From then on they produced such games as the Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights, MDK2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire(TM), the Mass Effect series, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and Dragon Age: Origins.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the recipient of over forty Game of the Year Awards and widely considered one of the best role-playing experiences of all time.
The 2003 Game of the Year Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on PC and Xbox, as well as expansion packs for the hit Neverwinter Nights series, greatly contributed to the company's success over that time period.
G-PHORIA 2004 WINNERS Alt Sports Award Powered by Mountain Dew Tony Hawk's Underground (Activision) Best Adaptation Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (LucasArts) Best Cinematic Final Fantasy X-2 (Square Enix USA) Best Easter Egg True Crime: Streets of L.