The staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) harbors the mecA gene, which encodes an additional penicillin-binding protein 2a.
What does SCCmec stand for?
SCCmec stands for Staphylococcal Cassette Chromosome mec
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Summary of Cost Center Man-Hours
- System Center Configuration Manager (Microsoft)
- System COMSEC Control Messages
- Santa Clara County Medical Association (San Jose, CA)
- Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark (San Jose, CA)
- Scottish Cross Country Motorsport Club (UK)
- Senshu Critical Care Medical Center (Osaka, Japan)
- Southern California Cable Marketing Council
- Southern Chester County Medical Center (Pennsylvania)
- Smart Card Configuration Management Control Board
- Suncoast Center for Community Mental Health (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority (Michigan)
- Santa Clara County Mental Health Department (Santa Clara, CA)
- Scottish Centre for Cultural Management and Policy (Queen Margaret University College; UK)
- Santa Cruz County Medical Society (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Slow-Channel Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome
- St. Clair County Medical Society (Port Huron, MI)
- Southern Clinton County Municipal Utilities Authority (DeWitt, MI)
- Sheffield Community Childcare Network (UK)
- Southern California Christian News
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antimicrobial susceptibility patterns and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec types of, as well as Panton-Valentine leukocidin occurrence among, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates from children and adults in middle Tennessee.
Community-acquired MRSA isolates possess novel methicillin resistance genetic cassettes (especially the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type IV), and are associated with a phage that encodes for the virulence factor, PantonValentine leukocidin (PVL) toxin, which is postulated to be at least partly responsible for the increased virulence of CA-MRSA compared to HA-MRSA (Boyle-Vavra S & Daum, 2007; Monecke et al, 2006; Soderquist et al, 2006).
It is encoded by the mecA gene, which is part of a genetic element called the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec).
Detection of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type XI encoding highly divergent mecA, mecI, mecR1, blaZ and ccr genes in human clinical clonal complex 130 methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) typing was performed (8), and the presence of Panton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL) genetic determinants was assessed as described (9).
MRSA USA300 is designated as sequence type (ST) 8 by multilocus sequence typing (MLST) and possesses staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) type IVa.
For this study, all human and animal isolates of MRSA nontypable by SmaI PFGE were further analyzed by testing antimicrobial drug susceptibility against 14 different antimicrobial drug groups, typing the ccr and mec complex regions within the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) by PCR (8), detecting the presence of Panton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL) genes (9), spa typing, and PFGE by using ApaI as the restriction endonuclease.