Sun, whose name stands for Stanford University Network, rose to prominence in the 1990s when start-ups flocked to its high-end computers, which run on its Solaris operating system and have been widely used in the financial services industry.
What does SUNet stand for?
SUNet stands for Stanford University Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SUNet
- Students United with NASA Becoming Enthusiastic About Math and Science
- Suelo Urbano No Consolidado (Spanish: Non-Consolidated Urban Land)
- Suspect Unlawful Non-Citizen
- Short-Lasting, Unilateral, Neuralgiform Headache Attacks with Conjunctival Injection and Tearing
- Sudden Unexpected Natural Death
- Superintendencia Nacional para la Defensa de los Derechos Socioeconómicos (Spanish: National Superintendence for the Defense of Socio-Economic Rights; Venezuela)
- Simulation of Nitrogen Dynamics in Arable Land (software)
- Speech Understanding and Dialogue
- Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome
- Sunshine Duration Measurements
- Swedish University Computer Network
- Special United Nations Fund for Economic Development
- Sydney University Nonlinear Fibre Laser and Optics Research (Australia)
- Solar Urban New Housing (UK)
- Saturn User Network Interface
- Scripture Union Northern Ireland
- Solidaritas Uni Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian political party)
- Southern Universities Nuclear Institute (South Africa)
- Seminar on United Nations and International Affairs (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Sindacato Unitario Nazionale Inquilini Assegnatari (Italian: Unitary Union National Inquilini Assignees)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A recent live broadcast was accomplished during a gymnastics exhibition at Stanford University using the Stanford University Network connected by 100 feet of cable to an IBM ThinkPad(R).
When founded, the name stood for Stanford University Network.
With the new Stanford University Network for Diagnosis of Retinopathy of Prematurity (SUNDROP), Moshfeghi can now obtain and view computerized images of the retina of a child in Santa Cruz, for example, without leaving his desk at Packard Children's.
Over 40 IT-provided services are offered, managed and billed through Pinnacle, including facilities space, equipment, course fees, software sales, campus card badging, circuits, use of the data center and the Stanford University Network, SUNet DSL, and all traditional telecommunications services.