PET-CT images demonstrated a hypermetabolic soft tissue mass in the distal third of the esophagus with a maximum standardized uptake value of16.
What does SUV stand for?
SUV stands for Standardized Uptake Value (radionucleide uptake used in reading a PET scan)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SUV
We have 65 other meanings of SUV in our Acronym Attic
- Southeast Unitarian Universalist Summer Institute
- Selected Unit Urinalysis Testing Company Size
- Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India
- Southern Utah Unix Users Group
- Staff Union at the University of Virginia
- Simple Unstable Vehicle (bicycle-like device)
- Smart Utility Vehicle
- Sons of Union Veterans
- Sport Utility Vehicle
- Stand Up and Vote
- Stupid Ugly Vehicle
- Suburban Utility Vehicle
- Suburban Vehicle (Chevrolet)
- Sumpter Valley Railway
- Suva, Fiji - Nausori (Airport Code)
- Schweizerische Unfallversicherungsanstalt (Accident Insurance, Suisse)
- Specific Ultraviolet Absorbance (spectroscopic analysis)
- Sydney's Unique Venues Association (Sydney, Australia)
- Système Universel Verbo-Tonal d'Audition Guberina (French: Guberina Universal Verbo-Tonal Hearing System; phonetic correction device)
- Small Unilamellar Vesicles Containing Clodronate
Samples in periodicals archive:
PET/CT showed a para-vertebral mass measuring 13 cm in diameter with regular borders at the posterior-inferior mediastinum, and standardized uptake value (SUV) max of this mass was 2.
The reconstructed images were converted to standardized uptake value (SUV) images with patient's body weight and injected dose of FDG.
Chatterton said, there was no difference in progression-free survival between patients with high and low standardized uptake values.
Scans are interpreted visually or quantitatively, using what is known as the standardized uptake value (SUV).
The images were then evaluated visually by independent trained readers, and the flutemetamol retention in the brain was quantified using a standardized uptake value ratio (SUVR).
Standardized Uptake Value (SUV) analysis of malignant and normal prostate tissue was correlated with standard-of-care imaging and biopsy results.
Visual assessment and change in maximum standardized uptake value (SUVmax) were recorded and compared to surgical pathology.