The prevalent international data-exchange standard is the ISO 10303, Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data, or STER The parts of STEP implemented in software systems are called application protocols (APs).
What does STEP stand for?
STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data (ISO 10303)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of STEP
We have 482 other meanings of STEP in our Acronym Attic
- Space Transfer using Electrodynamic Propulsion
- Space Transportation Engine Program
- Spatial Templates for Emergency Preparedness
- Spatial-Temporal Event Prediction
- Special Training Equipment Program
- Specialized Traffic Enforcement Programs
- Specialty Training for Entry-Level Professionals (NASA)
- Spiritual Training and Education Process
- St. Louis Teacher Enhancement Partnership
- Standard Exchange Program
- Standard Template for Electronic Publishing (Biblical software distribution format)
- Standard Test Equipment Procedure
- Standardized Tactical Entry Point (Defense Satellite Communications System)
- Stanford Temporal Prover
- State Tribal Education Program (various organizations)
- Statement of Tertiary Education Priorities (New Zealand)
- Statewide Transportation Enhancement Program (various locations)
- Station d'Epuration (French: Wastewater Treatment)
- Steps Toward Educational Progress (educational program; various schools)
- Straight Through Euro Payment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Second, many CAD translations, such as those using the STandard for the Exchange of Product model data (STEP), only exchange product geometry; other design data is lost.
This will support a future capability that allows systems to seamlessly combine computer-aided design and product data management into a Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data or STEP file that captures characteristic data encoded according to a standard catalog.
Motivated by the Department of Defense's Computer-Aided Acquisition and Logistic Support (CALS) initiative, a product data exchange model for casting is being developed that will comply with the Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data (STEP).
Technical experts from the United States and Europe met at NIST in August 2000 to review the latest draft of Standard for the Exchange of Product model data (STEP) Part 28, the XML (Extensible Markup Language) Representation of EXPRESS Schemas and Data.
STEP (also known as ISO 10303), the global Standard for the Exchange of Product model data, got another rousing endorsement from an industry leader when it initiated full production use of the standard for technical data exchange with its suppliers.
7 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, and Rolls-Royce Aerospace Group announced today a landmark agreement showing their commitment to the use of STEP, STandard for the Exchange of Product model data.
For example, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has released STEP, the Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data.