73 In the mid-1980s, Standard Query Language (SQL) revolutionized the database world.
What does SQL stand for?
SQL stands for Standard Query Language (less common)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SQL
We have 50 other meanings of SQL in our Acronym Attic
- Long-Finned Squid (FAO species code)
- Sales Qualified Lead (marketing)
- San Carlos, California Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- School Quota Letter (military)
- Search and Query Language
- Seismic Quicklook Log
- Sigma Quality Level
- Sonora Quest Laboratories (Tempe, Arizona clinical lab)
- Specified Quality Level
- Squelch (radio communications)
- Structured Query Language (database query language)
- Structured Query Language DARA Management Order
- Structured Query Language Distributed Management Objects (Microsoft)
- Structured Query Language/Data System (IBM)
- SQL Server 2000 (Microsoft)
- SQL Anywhere (database)
- SQL Assistant
- Software Quality Life Cycle
- SQL Communications Area (database query language)
- Structured Query Language Call Level Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
On a practical level this translates into the content being stored as an XML document or in a relational database that supports Standard Query Language (SQL).
Once the data is resident in Teradata, Genio leverages Teradata's massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture by generating native Teradata standard query language (SQL) to transform data without having to load it back into the Genio engine.
DataDirect XQuery is the first and only product that truly makes your XQuery just as portable as your XML - you can use it on any Java platform, with any major relational database, and it integrates seamlessly with your Java applications using an industry standard query language and processing API.
This product, designed for educational institutions under 2,000 students, has new capabilities including Windows NT(TM), Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), Standard Query Language (SQL), Client/Server architecture, and Internet Browser functionality.
0's XQuery functionality enables enterprises to query disparate data sources using an XML standard query language.
0: - Support for XQuery the standard query language for XML data.
Based on Standard Query Language (SQL), Oracle ConText Option allows users to process text-based information as quickly and easily as relational data, at any scale.