Until the arrival of Katrina, federal and local efforts had focused on providing protection against a storm defined by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) as the standard project hurricane.
What does SPH stand for?
SPH stands for Standard Project Hurricane
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPH
We have 83 other meanings of SPH in our Acronym Attic
- Six-Phase Heating (in-situ resistive heating for soil cleanup)
- Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics (modeling dynamic fracture and fragmentation problems)
- Sociaal Pedagogische Hulpverlening (Dutch: Social Work)
- Society of Psychological Hypnosis
- Society of Public Health
- Software Process Handbook (ISO 9000.3)
- Solar Pool Heater
- Spend Per Head
- Sport pour Handicapés (French: Sports for the Disabled; Belgium)
- Statement of Personal History
- Stock Processing & Handling
- Strategically-Placed Hole
- Sutton Place Hotel
- Self Paced Heat Acclimation
- Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery (Star Wars)
- Spline-Profile Horn Antenna
- St. Pancras Housing Association (developer; UK)
- State Patrol Highway Account (state departments of transportation)
- State Public Health Agency
Samples in periodicals archive:
As hurricanes are currently characterized, the Corps" standard project hurricane approximately equals a fast-moving category 3 hurricane, according to the Corps.